The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
As a member of the People Operations team, this is a unique opportunity to join our disruptive global technology company and be part of a cohesive team focused on formulating People Operations strategies. You are big picture thinker yet love to roll up your sleeves and dive into the execution. You enjoy a challenge and derive satisfaction from solving problems—big and small. You are a natural collaborator and don’t shy away from implementing the right level of process. Your proactive nature will optimize our team’s efficiency and deliver scalable solutions to support our company’s dynamic growth. You are compelled to find new ways to make us better and are driven to deliver both on near-term and long-term goals. You work smart, work hard and have fun doing it. You are a leader, a team player, a connector and are eager to contribute to our team.
This position will build strong partnerships as the People Operations Business Partner for our Los Angeles office collaborating with North America & Western Region Business Development leaders and their respective staff to foster employee engagement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support leaders in understanding and managing their business, developing their people, driving business results and maintaining our unique culture.
- Guide managers through the performance improvement process and coaching opportunities.
- Provide consultation and support to managers on employee relations issues and applicable company policies and employment laws. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Drive global People Operations initiatives within supported groups.
- Be a champion of our values and work with the broader PeopleOps team to design and implement people strategies and solutions to meet our current and future needs.
- Proactively identify the need for employee learning and development, retention strategies, succession planning and career development.
- Project manage and train managers each year on Annual Performance Review process.
- Continue to build on efficiencies toward scaling our growth through systems and process improvement.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to help facilitate the recruiting process by supporting visa needs/compliance.
- Assist with PeopleOps administration for your groups including utilizing our HRIS system (Workday) to maintain employee data and produce reports; managing leaves of absence and advising on benefit questions.
- Partner with global teams to support and facilitate mobility, visa needs and compliance.
- Special projects as needed.
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MA/MS/MBA degree preferred. PHR, GPHR or SPHR a strong plus.
- 6 - 8+ years of HR or relevant experience required. Enterprise start-up, technology-oriented environments or technical organizations strongly preferred. AdTech/Media company experience as well as supporting Go To Market/Sales/Client Services teams strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence.
- Proven track record of consultative HR experience.
- Much have the highest integrity, be people oriented, present strong leadership skills, and be willing to work hard to continue this Company’s success as an industry leader.
- Openness to occasional travel on an as-needed basis.
- Experience and working in a global technology organization strongly preferred and is a huge plus.
- Experience working internationally/across cultures preferred.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communications, time management, change management, decision making, presentation and organizational skills.
- Experience with Workday, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Workday, Zoom/Webex or similar, Confluence strongly preferred. #LI-TP1
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.