Recruiting, Technical Sourcer
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Technical Sourcer works closely with Bird’s recruiters and hiring managers to develop strategies to find top technical talent. We’re seeking a dynamic Sourcer who brings a level of motivation and innovation to our team. You will be supporting the recruiting team by generating sourcing strategies, researching market trends, tracking industry movement, and delivering profiles of strong potential candidates to contact. This position will specifically support the technical recruiters hiring across all roles in the Engineering department.
What You'll Do
- Incorporate advanced sourcing techniques to identify top talent
- Source passive talent through internet searches, referrals, networking, etc.
- Find, engage, and attract passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn, and alternative search techniques
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events, and sourcing campaigns
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand unique technical requirements of each position and team
- Regularly track sourcing pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact overarching recruitment strategies
- Monitor the industry for changes, movement, and trends
- Test and track outreach to passive candidates to optimize response rates and engagement
- Make recommendations to the role and job postings based on market feedback
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in technical sourcing or talent research
- 2+ years experience supporting executive-level clients or hiring managers
What You'll Have
- Proven ability to track, meet, and exceed defined sourcing metrics
- Experience working with engineering executives on technical requisitions, including taking new requirements, creating job descriptions, reviewing profiles and updating pipeline progress
- Deep sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience developing innovative sourcing for difficult and niche positions
- Understanding of software engineering and how it fits into various types of organizations
- Passionate about Birds product and able to speak to our technology and industry
- Good eye for talent with ability to quickly screen resumes to identify fit
- Excellent research skills with the ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill requisitions
- Ability to contact and engage passive candidates
- Sharp interview skills with ability to screen for both technical and cultural qualities
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, conferences and communities
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description