Recruiting Manager at HopSkipDrive
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You’re a passionate team builder enthusiastic about finding, engaging and scaling a high performing distributed team. You’ll find energy telling HopSkipDrive’s story to diverse candidates across functions and will thoughtfully assess their backgrounds and expertise to match them with the right role on our team.
As a trusted advisor, you’ll counsel hiring managers and teams on role design, key skills and attributes to prioritize and help them design the roles that will help move our business forward. You’re adept at navigating all sorts of conversations from those opening doors to the graceful good-byes and appreciate why effective communication is one of the most important factors in building long term relationships and a sustainable pipeline of candidates.
You’ll coach and develop our teams’ capabilities across the full recruiting cycle from crafting compelling job descriptions, to building out our employment brand to creative and customized recruitment marketing campaigns to differentiate the opportunities on our team in an increasingly competitive talent environment. For you, inclusion is intentional; you value the differences unique individuals possess and find ways to bring them together on our team.
You feel comfortable sourcing and engaging individual contributors through executives and can quickly learn relevant insights and expertise in order to hone high touch, credible and personalized approaches that demonstrate deep knowledge of our business and roles and a clear understanding of the skills and expertise that different candidates possess.
What you'll do
- Own the sourcing, pipeline development and engagement of candidates across departments for top priority roles
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and execute sophisticated sourcing techniques and methods
- Ensure precise and effective communication is in place to maintain momentum in the hiring process and support an open and clear dialogue around updates and next steps
- Conduct recruiting screens and effectively assess relevant competencies
- Ensure that the ATS and recruiting tools are accurate and up to date
- Increase your recruiting expertise by exploring, identifying and applying new and evolving best in class strategies and tactics
- Develop and refine recruiting processes, tools and resources to optimize outcomes--specifically help evolve the recruiting process
- Create clear messaging and communications both internally and externally for recruiting -- ensure that our web site, social presence and other collateral reflect this
- Develop and deliver talent/recruiting innovation projects (e.g. employment brand, referral enhancements, strategic sourcing initiatives)
- Track and analyze & present recruiting data and results, draw insights from research, best practices and HSD data to inform methods and objectives in recruiting
What you bring
- A track record of performance in roles at fast growing, dynamic companies paired with a clear trajectory of progression into roles of increasing scope and responsibilities
- Expertise in the recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes
- Experience working with senior leadership and external clients in addition to the internal team
- Ability to develop and execute strategic sourcing campaigns that yield tangible results
- Ability to build a comprehensive cultivation approach for high potential candidates ensuring our process and activities align so that we successfully close
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a keen eye for details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the drive to take ownership for the development of strong internal and external relationships
- A bias toward action, sense of urgency and track record of personal accountability
- Ability to effectively prioritize and work under pressure
- A continuous improvement mindset and the ability to recommend and take action on opportunities
- Ability to work with confidential and/or sensitive material
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.