Who we are
HopSkipDrive is a mission-driven, venture-backed company transforming the way kids access opportunity. We were founded by 3 working moms who have 8 kids among them and developed HopSkipDrive as a solution to their own problems getting kids where they needed to go. We’ve now helped more than half a million kids travel more than 3.5 million miles. Whether we’re helping schools simplify their growing alternative transportation needs, ensuring foster kids have the stability of staying at their school of origin, or families manage the complexity of carpools and afterschool activities, we have a clear purpose for all that we do — helping kids get to their full potential.
HopSkipDrive has investment and involvement from nearly every major LA investor including Upfront Ventures, Greycroft and Pritzker, with more than $20M in funding. We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s hottest startups and an all-around awesome place to work.
Who you are
We want A+ players who are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. We are defining a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. This is not a lifestyle job. This will be the hardest, most demanding, most exhilarating job you will ever have. It will also be the most rewarding.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As the Recruiter you will help facilitate the hiring life cycle from start to finish. This includes working with different departments to create job descriptions, source quality candidates, streamline the interview process, and send offers. This position will work directly with HopSkipDrive’s People Operations Manager.
What You'll Do
- Drive and manage full cycle requisitions with high-impact sourcing and closing techniques to deliver top tier talent to the region
- Act as a strong internal recruitment partner and build trust with Hiring Managers
- Partner with Hiring Managers to develop job descriptions for their roles
- Implementing strategies to achieve quality of hire, time to fill and sourcing solutions
- Proactively source, screen, and recommend candidates for open roles and effectively share talent across the organization
- Use creative strategies to source and communicate with passive talent
- Ensure a smooth recruiting process by managing expectations and provide process updates to internal team and candidates
- Manage current and new candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Who You Are
- 3-5+ years of recruiting
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Organized and proficient in driving multiple, changing, time sensitive priorities
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service to internal team and candidates
- Possess a wide range of experience on current recruiting policies, practices, and industry trends
- Experience in launch recruiting or breaking ground in new territories
- Solid data analytics plus technical skills in various ATS, Excel and recruiting platforms