People Operations Specialist
Greater LA Area
GOAT Group is looking for a People Ops Specialist who will partner with the Total Rewards team to provide a broad range of HR support.
We are looking for a person who brings a high level of customer service and enthusiasm to our team, and also demonstrates a high level of competence and commitment to HR best practices and compliance requirements.
The ideal person is someone who is extremely detail oriented, enjoys taking on challenges, and wants a role that will continually evolve and expand as the company grows.
What You Will Do
- Initial point of contact and administrator for on-boarding, benefits, and workers compensation programs.
- Prepares and submits employment data changes related to new hires, transfers, and promotions, in accordance with the company's payroll processing schedule.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll - ensuring accurate and timely submission.
- Prepares and delivers termination paperwork, including the preparation of exit interview surveys as well as coordination of all off-boarding activities;
- Administers benefits, performs benefit invoice reconciliations, and submits invoices for payment.
- Coordinate and own contractor and temporary employee process, which includes completing contractor templates and tracking/notifying relevant parties of when a contractor/temporary employee is starting/terminating.
- Handle all VOE’s, unemployment and other government agency requests.
- Process worker comp claims, investigations and communication with insurance companies and medical providers.
- Ensure necessary compliance postings are up to date, and trainings are complete (e.g. anti-harassment).
- Support on the implementation and administration of HR programs such as annual compensation review process, benefits open enrollment, HR system updates, etc.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need
- 2-3+ years of prior HR or related experience preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, or related fields.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Humility, self-awareness, trustworthiness - you treasure great colleagues and relationships and are committed to nurturing the culture of the team and company.
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description