People Operations Specialist
The People Operations Specialist is a member of the People Team at sweetgreen, and is responsible for many Human Resources processes including tasks related to the benefits, on-boarding, I-9 compliance, HR systems administration, Employee Relations and internal company reporting. In support of a high-growth organization, the People team is simultaneously focused on developing and improving these processes as well as ensuring efficient day-to-day support for our operations and employees.
Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous multi-tasking and project management skills, with a passion for supporting people and being a vital resource to the team. This candidate is people-person who is able to foster connections internally and externally, and understands, lives, and breathes our culture.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Assists employees and management with HR questions, concerns, or requests.
- Triages employee inquires or concerns to the correct department for prompt resolution.
- Serves as systems administrator for HRIS, I-9 Management, and various HR systems
- Supports our restaurant leadership guidance on appropriate HR practices and process.
- Serves as liaison between workers compensation vendor and sweetgreen to support the claims process.
- Responds thoughtfully and thoroughly to inquiries to minimize unnecessary follow-up and clarifications.
- Runs regular reports to support needs of multiple departments and initiatives including internal audits for governance and compliance.
- Support with I-9 compliance by fielding I-9 related inquiries.
- Facilitates annual benefits open enrollment as well as ongoing benefit enrollment.
- Fosters ongoing relationships with various members of the People and Field teams to collaborate on HR related assignments as needed.
- Supports onboarding process for newly hired employees.
- Performs administrative duties as needed.
Desired Traits + Skills
- 2+ years of human resources experience.
- aPHR or PHR a plus.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Familiar with federal and state regulations to include but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, and ADA.
- Clear understanding of federal administrations such as EEOC, DOL, and USCIS.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Customer service mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Exceptional Excel skills including the ability to build complex formulas and create pivot tables.
- This individual will be based in the LA Treehouse (Corporate Support) currently located in Culver City, California
- Travel may be required up to 15% of the time
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.