People Operations Specialist - Temporary Role at sweetgreen
Temporary (6 month) - People Operations Coordinator (hourly)
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The People Operations Coordinator is a member of the People Team at sweetgreen, and is responsible for supporting in many People processes and administrative tasks as needed. These tasks may include, but are not limited to, onboarding, I-9 compliance, People systems administration and internal company reporting. Additionally, the People Operations Coordinator will serve as liaison between our team members and People team by responding to various People inquiries as they are received and escalating serious concerns as appropriate.
In support of a high-growth organization, the People team is simultaneously focused on developing and improving these processes as well as ensuring efficient day-to-day support for our operations and employees. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous multi-tasking skills, is a team player, and manages competing priorities, with a passion for supporting people and being a vital resource to the team. This candidate is people-person who is able to foster connections internally and externally, and understands, lives, and breathes our culture.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Assists employees and management with People questions, concerns, or requests.
- Triages employee inquires or concerns to the correct department for prompt resolution.
- Serves as a support to the People team in the change management process
- Supports our restaurant team members with guidance on appropriate People practices and policies
- Serves as liaison between workers compensation vendor and sweetgreen to support the claims process.
- Responds thoughtfully and thoroughly to inquiries to minimize unnecessary follow-up and clarifications.
- Runs regular reports to support needs of multiple departments and initiatives including internal audits for governance and compliance.
- Support with I-9 compliance by fielding I-9 related inquiries.
- Fosters ongoing relationships with various members of the People and Field teams to collaborate on People related assignments as needed.
- Supports onboarding and offboarding process for employees.
- Helps with organization and administration of various postal communication
- Performs any additional administrative duties as needed.
Desired Traits + Skills:
- 1+ years of human resources experience.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Some knowledge of federal and state regulations to include but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, and ADA.
- Some knowledge of federal administrations such as EEOC, DOL, and USCIS.
- Provides support in projects and special assignments by helping with the organization and communication of critical pieces
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-up on projects to ensure successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Customer service mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Proficient Excel skills including the ability to build complex formulas and create pivot tables.
This is a temporary role for approximately 6 months
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.