Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
The People Operations Manager will be a dynamic position whose initial focus will be to develop, iterate and/or maintain the people infrastructure that is the backbone of people programs at the company and the baseline for establishing a positive employee experience and high performance culture. Additionally this person will play a heavy consultative and coaching role with employees to bring people programs and philosophies to life. This position is a great fit for someone who is looking to apply their generalist knowledge from a larger company to make an impact as Dave scales. The ideal candidate is someone interested in growing into a strategic People partner either in a client-facing capacity or programs-oriented talent management role.
- Maintain all people technology tools (HRIS, Payroll, Performance Management, Benefits, ATS, etc) and identify opportunities to increase data flow, automation, and efficiency to scale with the company
- Implement methods with People Operations Coordinator to ensure data integrity for all movements across the employee lifecycle.
- Ensure there is consistent and effective communications throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Provide backup support for running payroll.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers through coaching, counseling, career development and performance improvement conversations.
- Facilitates existing quarterly performance management and biannual compensation planning cycles; continuously improves each through research on industry best practices.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention in alignment with company values.
- Manage and resolve basic to mid complexity employee relations issues including providing guidance to employees on a variety of issues, interpreting company policies and managing conflict resolution.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to a high standard of professional conduct.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations when needed.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of employment law matters related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- There will be opportunities to partner with the Director of People Operations and leadership on strategic people programs and initiatives including onboarding, internal survey strategy and action planning (engagement/employee sentiment), inclusion and diversity initiatives, organizational development, wellness, and total rewards strategies.
Previous Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required and 5+ years of experience in People/HR or Talent Management
- Fundamental experience handling a variety of employee relations issues
- Solid analytics skills required, with a strong hold on MS Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Google Sheets, and Google docs.
- Familiarity with resources to stay informed on California labor laws and implementing as required
Preferred Interpersonal Capabilities
- Attention to detail and process-fanatic
- Exercises sound judgement
- Empathic listener
- Direct and persuasive communicator
- Can vacillate between being in-the-weeds and thinking strategically from 30,000 feet as required
- Manages time and prioritizes work effortlessly
- Fearless problem-solver, and can troubleshoot both with people matters and systems
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.