People Coordinator / HR Operations at NEXT Trucking
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:34 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Facebook, Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are looking for a self motivated, driven, people-centric HR Coordinator who will provide top notch support for all our NEXT employees. You will support key HR initiatives for our growing, diverse and geographically dispersed workforce. In addition, you will own and introduce state and federally compliant processes and procedures as it relates to employee files, medical files, I-9s, leave and WC administration, etc.You are agile, comfortable living in the grey space and able to work on multiple priorities simultaneously. This is an exciting role that partners with employees at all levels to ensure NEXT is an incredible place to work. The growth and potential here are through the roof!
What You'll Do
- Process data entry and recording of all employment-related records from various forms and communications
- Provide exceptional internal customer service to employees and managers, and respond to inquiries in a professional, yet timely manner
- Process new employee onboarding and terminations in coordination with management and the payroll department
- Deliver pertinent information to payroll to support organization’s needs to process payroll on a weekly basis and to process manual checks, retro pay requests and other payroll issues
- Ensure the confidentiality of HR related information is maintained at all times
- Process I-9 employment verifications and background checks
- Maintain HR related data (both paper and electronic) in an organized and compliant manner
- Support all areas of the HR office and all HR team members, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Have
- 2+ years experience in HR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- High level of integrity, confidentiality is a requirement
- High degree of professionalism, yet friendly and approachable
- Resourcefulness and ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Highly organized, self-starting, self-reliant, motivated and dependable
- Flexibility and adaptive to a fast-paced, changing environment and willing to help out wherever needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, HR Administration, or related field preferred)
- Familiarity with Google enterprise products (Gmail, Calendar, Docs)
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description