People and Payroll Generalist
Greater LA Area
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As the People and Payroll Generalist, you will act as the front line and provide outstanding support and service to our teams at NEXT while maintaining compliance at all times. You will partner with various leaders of the company to design and deliver best-in-class processes, practices, programs and initiatives. You are comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing entrepreneurial environment where two days are never the same and serve as an ambassador to NEXT’s culture.
What You’ll Do:
- HR Related:
- Build effective and trusting working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Remain relevant and up-to-date with federal, state and local employment laws. Multi-state experience required.
- Monitor employee eligibility for benefits plans. Review and answer employee benefit questions, process enrollment, cancellation or changes.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Conduct exit interviews, providing themes and trends to leaders as well as action plans where needed.
- Partner with HR Manager for onboarding, offboarding and other initiatives for our office employees and drivers.
- Maintain and process all Unemployment Notices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Set-up and maintain accurate personnel files; filing and archiving records as needed
- Payroll Related:
- Review timesheets for accuracy and completion.
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data while ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Track and maintain records for employee time off.
- Interface with employees regarding any payroll issues/questions.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, 1099s, etc.).
- Process garnishments and wage withholdings.
What You’ll Need:
- ~2+ years as an HR Generalist or Business Partner, ~4+ years of overall HR experience and ~2 years processing multi-state payroll.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish (preferred)
- High degree of professionalism, but yet friendly and approachable.
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of California Employment Law.
- Highly organized, self-starting, self-reliant, motivated and dependable.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility and adaptive to a fast-paced changing environment and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Bachelor's Degree.
What You’ll Receive:
- The ability to be a part of a fast-paced growing company where you can build from the ground up.
- An opportunity to join a company that is disrupting an old school industry and continue to make it successful.
- Career growth!
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]cking.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description