Manager, People Ops (Payroll and Benefits)
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Manager, People Operations - Payroll and Benefits!
We are seeking a Manager, People Operations to own administration of payroll processing and benefit plans, including the processing and payment of hourly and salaried payroll across multiple States and Countries, open enrollment and administration of various benefit plans. Reporting to the VP, People Operations, the incumbent will also manage all employment related taxes and oversee the proper compliance with Federal, State, Local and other relevant guidelines, managing one Payroll Benefits Specialist and partnering with the Accounting Team.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can come in and be our “Global Superuser” of our payroll/benefits systems.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage eligibility data, enrollment, deductions, and process contributions for global company health benefits, 401k, FSA, pensions and other plans, coordinating with vendors as necessary
- Preparing time off accruals, benefit reports, time and attendance data feeds, 401k contribution file.
- Ensure benefit plans remain competitive and cost effective with the market place preparing benefit plan designs and leading open enrollment
- Oversee workers compensation leaves and program, owning annual worker’s comp audit
- Audit benefit records to ensure accuracy and consistency of data across systems internally and externally with vendors
- Ensure compliance with ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, PDL, CFRA, ADA, ERISA, IRS, DOL, COBRA,
- Manage relationships with benefit brokers and third-party vendors
- Establish strong customer service for department and respond to all levels of employees’ questions regarding benefits in timely fashion
- Reviewing and updating Employee Benefit Handbook and department procedures as appropriate
- Managing Payroll Specialist to ensure accuracy and integrity of semi-monthly payrolls, commissions, bonuses; timeliness and compliance with all regulations, for 250+ salaried and hourly employees utilizing Namely HRIS
- Staying abreast and ensuring compliance with legislation and tax laws affecting payroll, including EEOC, FLSA
- Oversee time tracking and leave management to ensure employees time is properly recorded and related pay transactions processed accurately
- Researching and escalating tax correspondence or payroll issues as needed
- Partnering with Accounting department to ensure all journal entries and account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately
- Working with outside payroll provider to ensure all multi-state payroll tax reporting paperwork (940, 941, W2s, etc.) is completed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Assisting with internal and external compliance audits as required including 401k, Worker Compensation audits and Year-End audits
- Reviewing and updating payroll procedures and documentation as appropriate
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Business Management, Administration or similar discipline, or relevant experience required
- Certified Payroll Manager preferred
- Strong knowledge of benefits administration, payroll management best practices and tax regulations, California wage / hour laws and FLSA; experience leaves administration desired, but not required
- 5 years of hands-on payroll administration
- Experience with multi-state processing (minimum of 5 states) and international payroll experience a plus
- Experience with transmission of 401(k) contributions, benefit census reports, etc.
- Experience with HRIS platforms specifically payroll feature; Namely experience preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, advanced experience in Excel
- Experience managing third-party relationships, such as brokers, benefit vendors, etc.
- Experience managing at least one payroll/benefits support employee
- Team player attitude with excellent customer service skills including written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, business planning and project management skills.
- Strong document management skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged, confidential and/or sensitive matters.
- Experience in successfully operationalizing and managing programs in fast-moving, complex organizations
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options