Manager, Benefits at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:00 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, December 21, 2021
We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
We are looking for an experienced Benefits expert to join our team in a high-impact, high-visibility role of a Benefits Senior Manager at LegalZoom. As a leader, you will leverage your expertise to create a competitive benefits strategy aligned with our company values, to attract and retain top talent. You'll focus on ensuring that we are protecting the company from risk, finding unique ways to minimize costs to employees and to the company while maximizing benefits, and foster a strong relationship with our benefits brokers and providers. This will require you to be both analytical and creative, strategic and operational, as well as have strong written and spoken communication skills to influence stakeholders at all levels of our organization.
- Own the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the company's health, wellness, and financial benefits programs
- Utilize your deep understanding of the external benefits market using data as a core driver of future benefits design
- Be the subject matter expert on all benefit programs
- Prepare and present analyses, materials, and recommendation sot senior leadership
- Align with key business stakeholders and external partners to build a strong diverse, inclusive benefits brand
- Contribute to overall strategic decisions & leadership in the HR function while constantly thinking one step ahead
- Ensure compliance with all business and legal plan requirements, manage the preparation and filing of legally required reports and documents responsible for quarterly SOX certifications and internal audit reviews
- Manage benefits budget and expense and the administration of the benefits program
- Continually analyze our offerings, gathering internal sentiments and feedback to understand how our offerings align with the needs of our employees
- 5-8 years of progressive experience within the Benefits function
- Thorough understanding of health plan funding methods and knowledge of ERISA, ACA, and other laws governing employee and retirement benefits
- Experience working with external vendors who provide co-sourced or outsourced benefits administration services
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, striving to find the best solution regardless of the current state
- A proven cross-functional partner and leader with the ability to influence up and across the organization
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately to the audience in front of you, whether it's a consultative style, having an executive presence, digging down to the details, one on one, or to a broad audience.
- Strong business acumen, particularly financial and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience with HR Information Systems and Integrations
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion , and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment . LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description