Learning & Development Manager
Scorpion is seeking a Learning & Development Manager! This position will support the development and delivery of training plans and materials and have responsibility for designing, developing and reviewing curriculum. In addition, the Learning & Development Manager delivers instructor-led learning experiences that clearly teach concepts and build skills required to complete tasks in a compelling way for various learning levels of talent in the organization.
Responsibilities will also include developing, administering and maintaining training guides, assessments, evaluations of curriculum effectiveness, surveys, user manuals and other communication materials as needed.
The Learning & Development manager’s responsibilities include designing, writing and implementing training curriculum for various Scorpion departments to meet the needs of new hire and recurring trainings. The Learning & Development manager will be responsible for running various needed trainings as identified in a department needs analysis. Additional responsibilities include aiding in collecting data from needs analysis, developing specific ongoing trainings, assessing post training needs and following up with trainees for feedback.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Research on various topics that will inform curriculum design and development for training programs.
- Design, develop, and review of training content and materials for various training programs.
- Support overall efforts in the delivery of programs through management of coordination of logistics and materials.
- Serve as subject matter expert on content development and design
- Support performance initiatives with training materials
- Editing documents for grammar, clarity, content, and formatting
- Demonstrates effective communication, presentation, media applications, questioning, and employee management skills.
- A team player demonstrating collaboration and cooperation amongst members for the Talent Management team
- Creates a positive learning climate through the learning content.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Pay: Salary + Bonuses
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Experience in curriculum design and development for both class-room and online preferred.
- Facilitation experience both in-class room and virtual settings
- Experience teaching in the marketing field
Attributes: Team-player, outgoing, fast learner, organized, works well under pressure, competitive
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Excellent communication, presentation and group facilitation skills are required
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences and levels of management
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Executive presence
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously while maintaining accuracy
- Clearly articulate thoughts and speak and using appropriate language and terminology
- Accurately summarize and document information
- Organize and present information in a logical and consistent manner
- Excellent writing, English and grammar skills
- A Team player, able to collaborate and cooperate effectively with team mates
- Proactive self-starter with focus and commitment towards getting the job done
- Reliable, consistent, hard-working and trustworthy
- Ability to travel up to 15 - 20% of the time
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite