About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Apeel is seeking a passionate and experienced Human Resources Manager to facilitate employee conversations and build pathways around communication. In this collaborative role, you will work cross-functionally to support business operations and manage responses to conflict. This individual will also support building out Apeel’s crisis management playbook and internal communications. Individuals with experience navigating multicultural teams will be best suited for this role, and fluency in Spanish is a requirement.
What You’ll Do
- Assist People & Culture leadership in developing, interpreting, and recommending
- Develop Apeel Sciences Emergency Response Playbook for scenarios such as COVID-19, Natural Disasters, Civil Unrest, and other situations
- Serve as the lead communicator in crisis response scenarios
- Receive, evaluate and respond to employee concerns
- Support management in coaching and developmental conversations including utilization of available performance management tools
- May lead internal investigations and provides coaching and counsel to managers and employees
- Escalate issues to People & Culture Leadership and Legal as necessary
- Assist with onboarding, employee relations, and offboarding of Apeel team members in Latin America and Spain.
- Serve as a Culture Ambassador for Apeel, advocating for employees, and implementing best practices.
- Spearhead special People & Culture projects as needed.
What You Bring
- Fluency in Spanish required
- 5–8 years of experience in Human Resources; employee relations experience preferred
- Experience in a start up or rapid growth with international locations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- People-centric mindset with the desire to build meaningful relationships in the workplace
- Proven track record of program execution including documentation, communication and debriefing
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly curious and consistently re-evaluating conventional practices with the drive to introduce new perspectives to improve and tailor current HR policies and processes
- Truly embodies the phrase, “no job too big or too small”
- Bachelors’ degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field preferred.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.