HR Operations Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As HR Operations Manager, you’ll touch every aspect of Talent Operations (HR at other places) from process ownership and improvement to implementing and developing key Talent functions. Your “HR” XP will come in handy as you administer operational policies and practices, work with HRIS and payroll systems, and aid in benefits administration and on/off boarding. You’ll assess current practices and find new ways to level up while building, leading and directing teams efficiently to meet crucial deadlines. You’ll also deliver on projects that’ll help Rioters continue to grow and flourish.
- People-oriented: you’re not just a pro at building relationships, you use your fluency in legalese to help make those relationships official; you easily navigate California and federal labor laws and are skilled with benefits administration, HRIS, FMLA and FLSA
- An experienced manager: you’ve logged two to five years leading and building Talent teams; your attention to detail and commitment to service permeates everything you do
- Self-starting: you see ambiguity as a challenge and an opportunity; your built-in compass helps steer your team to true north even when conditions are foggy
- Communicative: you’re comfortable conversing with all types, whether in the hallway or via email, in-game chat or messenger pigeon; a people person, you’re always personable, approachable, and recognize the value of everyone you work with
- Inquisitive and exploratory: you question processes and procedures to find the most efficient ways of doing things
- Liaise between management and all Rioters by handling questions and helping resolve employment-related problems
- Produce and maintain documentation of key Central Talent processes
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment and workers’ comp while recommending needed changes
- Assist Head of Talent Systems & Operations in the regular review and prioritization of Talent Operations projects
- Oversee and guide payroll, benefits and various talent operations programs, and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of team members relating to employment
- Consistently engage with Rioters from on-boarding onward
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.