Greater LA Area
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As our HR Manager, you'll be an integral part of not only the immediate HR team, but for our 250 employee organization, and rapidly growing. You’ll create, design, improve and implement all things people related. Your experience will be a huge value add as you administer operational policies and practices, comp leveling, on/off boarding and implement HRIS. You'll assess current practices and find new ways to level up while building, leading and directing teams efficiently to meet crucial deadlines.
This role will report to the VP of People.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to create, implement and optimize all things employee related and also be a reliable confidant to our employees.
- Develop, implement, and iterate on employee policies that comply with applicable law and advance objectives in the areas where we have employees and operations.
- Manage the resolution of complex ER issues, assisting in the investigation of complaints partnering with the VP of People when needed. Advise and counsel management regarding appropriate disciplinary actions to create consistency and ensure minimal legal risk.
- Develop and manage the handbook to ensure that company-wide practices align with company culture.
- Support HRIS programming, electronic filing system while ensuring compliance with state and federal legal requirements.
- Partner with VP of People to create and manage company-wide compensation, programs, benefits and perks to ensure NEXT is remaining competitive with the industry’s top companies.
- Ensure that philosophies, programs and practices are implemented and executed to support a culture that values accountability and performance.
- Review market benchmark surveys, analyze competitive market data and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus targets as appropriate; propose salary increase budgets.
- Continually re-think workplace experience with a people-centric approach.
- Conduct exit interviews, providing themes and trends to leaders as well as action plans where needed.
- Partner with L&D Manager for onboarding, off boarding and other engagement initiatives for our office employees and drivers.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of HR or people ops experience (tech and start-up environments a plus).
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish preferred)
- High degree of professionalism, but yet friendly and approachable.
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of California Employment Law.
- Experience with worker’s comp, leave of absences and union workers.
- Highly organized, self-starting, self-reliant, motivated and dependable.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility and adaptive to a fast-paced changing environment and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Bachelor's Degree.
What You'll Receive:
- The ability to be a part of a fast-paced growing company where you can build from the ground up.
- An opportunity to join a company that is disrupting an old school industry and continue to make it successful.
- Career growth!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description