HR Manager - Retail & Warehouse Operations
Greater LA Area
GOAT Group is seeking a passionate and driven HR Generalist. This role will work closely with management to contribute to developing talent and company culture. The HR Generalist will play a key role in the success of our company by offering support on recruitment, employee engagement and HR best practices. This position would support Flight Club retail as well as GOAT Operations employee populations.
In this role you will:
- Lead a culture aligned with company values and mission
- Aid in recruitment, hiring and training of team to support the growing business
- Partner with West Coast HR team to drive company values and mission throughout organization
- Onboard new hires to set them up for success
- Employee appreciation events, surprise and delights
- Collect paperwork and prepare bi-weekly payroll to be executed by West Coast team
- Be responsible for the maintenance of our HRIS systems
- Ensure compliance with all EEO, Employment, Benefits, Payroll and Wage laws
- Support and develop team members and leadership bench to allow for rapid growth of existing business and new business lines
- Suggest and see through system and process changes to maximize quality and consistency
- Ensure office is clean, organized and well maintained; order, track and stock food inventory and office supplies
- Source and onboard local vendors required for daily operations
- Plan, organize and orchestrate office and employee events to promote company culture
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up
We are looking for:
- 2-4 years of HR/Talent/People experience
- Experience leading and fostering a team of retail, corporate and warehouse staff
- A natural people leader who loves to empower others
- Experience working with and knowing regulations for contractors, hourly, part-time and full-time employees
- Someone who is creative and wants to develop and maintain a fun startup environment
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Proficiency with Mandarin is highly preferred
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description