Founded in 2000, Applied Minds draws on the talents of nearly 150 employees and a network of subject matter experts to innovate by melding art, design, science, and engineering. We help organizations ask the right questions and then provide unexpected, yet powerful solutions. With a passion for inventing the future for our clients, we bring together brilliant and creative people from numerous disciplines into multidisciplinary teams to work on projects such as autonomous systems, command centers, modeling and simulation systems, robotics, spacecraft, UAVs, user experiences, vehicles, and more.
Equipped with outstanding tools and technology, collaborative spaces, an art department, and advanced fabrication and prototyping facilities, we work in an informal, creative environment that blurs the lines between disciplines.
If you have exceptional talent and passion, join Applied Minds and help us create for the ages.
The Director of HR-Talent at Applied Minds is a hands-on generalist business partner and talent acquisition leadership role in a highly creative and technical dynamic organization.
- Working with the VP, HR, focus on the talent lifecycle including: talent acquisition, employee engagement, development, and employee relations.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies including posting, social media, outreach, job fairs and events, university relations, branding, developing interview skills, etc.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify both long and short-term talent needs and related recruiting sources.
- Build a strong and vibrant pipeline of top tier engineering and design talent.
- Develop management staffing skills and provide counsel and support to hiring managers throughout the recruiting process: sourcing, screening, interviewing and job offers.
- Manage contract recruiters and search firms as needed.
- Provide general HR support to organization through coaching and counseling on issues of individual and organizational concern and development.
- Build and maintain grassroots connection to employees and share insights and proactive recommendations.
- Coach employees toward effective working relationships to maximize performance outcomes.
- Provide ongoing coaching to managers supporting them in their management activities.
- Support the development and implementation of engagement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of Generalist HR/ER and full cycle recruiting experience.
- Experience in both large and small organizations
- Experience in creative and tech, a STEAM environment, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an unstructured environment and work with and through ambiguity.
- A hands-on leader who can multi-task and execute on projects big and small while managing day to day activities and interruptions.
- Exceptional relationship builder at all levels of the organization.
- Curious, creative problem solver and collaborative team player.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting creative and technical talent including engineers, artists, architects and designers.
- Demonstrated exceptional judgement in dealing with confidential and sensitive employment matters.
- Thorough understanding of current employment and labor laws particularly those related to hiring and government contracting/EEO/OFCCP requirements.
- Working knowledge of online application tracking systems, and tools such as Glassdoor, Indeed and LinkedIn.
Applied Minds is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and as such make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.