HR Director, HRBP & Talent Management at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:28 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 2, 2021
Viant® is a leading people-based advertising software company that enables marketers and their agencies to centralize the planning, buying and measurement of their advertising investments across most channels. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform (DSP), Adelphic®, is an enterprise software platform enabling marketers to execute programmatic advertising campaigns across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio and digital out-of-home channels. Viant’s Identity Resolution capabilities have linked 115 million U.S. households to more than 1 billion connected devices and is combined with access to more than 280,000 audience attributes from more than 70 people-based data partners. Viant is an Advertising Age 2021 Best Places to Work award winner and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s 2021 Programmatic Power Players list. To learn more, visit viantinc.com.
We are a founder-led business and believe our employees and culture are key to our success. Our employees tend to be long tenured for our industry, with average tenure of the leadership team of nearly 12 years and more than 4 years across all employees. Our business and our culture are anchored on four core values that embody our resourceful mentality: “Live,” “Lead,” “Create” and “Figure It Out.” We believe we attract talented employees to our company and sophisticated customers to our platform in large part because of our vision and unwavering commitment to using cutting-edge technologies to create products that help advance the advertising industry. Currently, we have over 350 employees in 11 offices around the United States. Our team draws from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and experiences across technology and advertising industries.
The team is looking for a HR Director, HRBP & Talent Management to lead business partnerships and talent management/OD. In this role, you will contribute to and lead the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support Viant’s business needs and growth objectives. You will develop and execute HR programs and strategies in support of the business through collaboration with business leaders, finance, and HR colleagues. You will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including D&I, organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, change management, organizational design and learning opportunities.
What You Bring:
You are passionate about people and career matchmaking. Your professional values guide your daily interactions, and you hold strong to your ideals and convictions. You are unafraid to voice your opinions and do so thoughtfully and constructively. You are ambitious, pursue excellence in your work, and are willing to roll up your sleeves while building a strategic HRBP/OD team. You draw energy and vigor from the opportunity to drive growth, make a measurable impact, and help Viant achieve its business goals by helping to develop, grow and engage top talent.
- Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Applies skill in selection, performance, development, rewards, retention and employee relations techniques, an extensive knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, and Federal and state laws regarding employment practices in order to support the organization.
- Plans and leads organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed, efficiency, and support shifting business demands.
- Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Drive diversity and inclusion within the organization, personally and programmatically.
- Assesses organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e., vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Partner with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
- Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development, and retention.
- Assesses employee training and development needs based on business strategy to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Help design and implement performance/talent management, career pathing, leader development, organization effectiveness and change management initiatives.
- 7 - 10+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner, OD Consultant, or HR project manager in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development (preferred), organizational design, talent management and change management. Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Equally adept at consulting, thinking strategically and execution.
- Exhibits a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.