HR Business Partner at Canoo
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo may just be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We're staffing up to support our awesome employees and lay foundations to further scale the business! Our small but mighty HR team continues to cultivate an amazing culture and world class employee experience. If you have a progressive mindset about HR being a true business partner and not the policy police or back seat organization with no seat at the table, then we should talk. We're adding a seasoned HRBP who has been exposed to scaling a company, creating a best in class employee experience and solving startup challenges in a very meaningful way!
As a key member of the HR team, you will ensure continuous growth and success of a high performance culture by creating HR programs and initiatives to enhance our culture and workplace.
- Provide all aspects of HR strategy and support to the business including workforce planning, career planning, performance management, succession planning, compensation and benefits, compliance, employee relations, organization design, learning and development, culture and engagement
- Focus on building leadership capabilities and talent strategies through coaching, mentoring and consulting executive leaders to drive a high performing culture
- Serve as HR advisor, coach and mentor to managers on all HR topics
- Lead the review of employee performance management and talent development
- Collaborate with the Recruiting team to develop initiatives, programs and processes that support candidate experience, employee growth and employer brand
- Resolve complex employee relations issues with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Analyze problems, create solutions, and build roadmaps where they don’t yet exist
- Fully own, develop, and deliver programs that support a progressive people strategy
- Flex seamlessly between hands on operational and strategic work
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of HR experience as a HRBP directly leading senior leaders in a tech, start-up and/or automotive company
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to manage and resolve complex employee relations
- Demonstrated flexibility and agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic with utmost integrity and professionalism and demonstrated ability to work with confidential information
- A no problem, make it happen attitude
- Organized and results oriented
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, and invested in individual and team success.
- Desire to make an impact and add value while delivering on assigned projects
- Prior experience with an HRIS system, preferably UltiPro
- Advanced HR certifications and degrees preferred.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.