Head of People Operations at Flowspace
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute upon strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain top talent.
- Collaborate with leadership on org design and workforce planning to strategically scale the organization as we go through new rounds of fundraising.
- Contribute to strategic planning and annual OKR processes.
- Advise the Executive team on people operations strategies, best practices, and methodologies.
- Develop or iterate upon current HR processes and systems to maximize engagement and drive high performance; ensure smooth implementation and adoption of new processes and policies across Flowspace.
- Manage and grow the People Ops team over time; providing support, direction, and professional development opportunities.
- Oversee full-cycle HR, including talent acquisition, onboarding, learning & development, performance management, compensation & benefits, and offboarding.
- Manage employee benefit programs and recommend upgrades to our comp and benefits package to keep Flowspace competitive in the market.
- Conduct bi-annual employee engagement surveys and create action plans based on results.
- Champion DEI at Flowspace, implement DEI best practices into all HR processes.
- Plan staff education, trainings, events, and retreats.
- Resolve employee relations issues and provide internal customer service.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations into employee complaints.
- Oversee compliance and risk management.
- Oversee Flowspace’s facilities at a high level.
Who You Are
- You have experience creating teams where individuals grow and thrive, building infrastructure where there is none, and improving existing processes using data and feedback.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and have proven success leading business transformation projects including process improvement and change management initiatives.
- You have knowledge of best practices and industry standards in all areas of HR.
- You’re an experienced People Operations leader who has built and scaled operations within startups.
- You know how to operationalize values into HR processes, such as talent acquisition, performance management, and learning & development.
- You are an excellent people manager who has the ability to establish trust and credibility with diverse people at all levels.
- You have experience coaching employees through difficult issues like underperformance and interpersonal conflict with a people-first mindset.
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to coach and lead others, and you approach interpersonal relationships with self-awareness and empathy.
- You are strategic and analytical. You know how to build a metrics driven organization.
- You have a growth mindset and model a culture of continuous improvement by seeking out feedback from others.
- You’re a problem-solver who can effectively cast a vision and influence others to join you.
- You are an adept listener who values the voices of all.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in people operations, org dev, and/or progressive HR-related management responsibility.
- 4+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience with high-growth tech startups required.
- BA/BS or equivalent (a focus on HR or Organizational Development is a plus).
- Experience building an HR /People Ops department from the ground up.
- Familiarity with HR Information Systems similar to Flowspace’s: Rippling (payroll & HRIS); Lattice (performance management); Lever (ATS).
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP preferred.