Global Benefits Manager
At OpenX, our goal is to create an unreasonably awesome workplace in each of our locations. Our Global Benefits Program Manager (individual contributor role) will have broad authority to manage and improve our global benefits and engagement programs. You will work closely with our leaders and People Partner team to determine competitive benefits programs for our dynamic technology company. This position will report to the Chief People Officer/Chief Finance Officer (interim).
- Oversee our global benefits plans, eligibility and enrollments, leave of absences, handle employee inquiries
- Review, evaluate, and implement new benefit and engagement projects -.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of data for benefit enrollments, changes and termination information in Workday and with vendors
- Manage the company retirement plan including ongoing administration, compliance, testing, and plan review
- Manage and oversee the workers compensation program
- Ensure our plans are competitive and cost effective in the marketplace by analyzing current benefits compared to trends and legislated requirements, and present recommendations for changes and enhancements
- Lead the annual health and welfare benefits renewal process and open enrollment
- Leaves of Absence
- Manage the administration of leave of absence
- Project manage the implementation of a third-party administrator
- Ensure compliance with FMLA, PDL, CFRA, ADA, and any other applicable Federal and State mandated laws
- Review and assess efficiency of internal/external policies and processes and recommend appropriate changes
- Evaluate and recommend updates to Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions, benefit summaries, new hire orientation and open enrollment materials, and ongoing marketing/educational materials
- Apply functional knowledge of current ERISA, IRS, DOL, COBRA, ACA and HIPAA regulations to ensure compliance of retirement, health and welfare plans
- Wellness and Engagement programs
- Balance global consistency with local wellness/engagement programs
- Design and execute a range of innovative employee engagement projects
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in health & welfare benefits and retirement plan administration/management required
- Experience with Workday and advanced excel skills
- Balance strong quantitative, statistical, and analytical skills with customer service
- Able to clearly explain benefits programs and find simple solutions to employee issues
- Prioritize request/projects from multiple sources and to switch direction quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle employee issues with complete trust, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to analyze issues and suggest creative solutions
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data for various projects
- Exceptional attention to detail and compliance mindset
Objectives for your first 3 months:
- 30 days - Learn OpenX’s business, strategic direction and culture and understand key stakeholder insights about their immediate and longer-term benefits/wellness needs. Build relationship with key vendors and assist with urgent benefits issues.
- 30-60 days – Continue to evaluate benefits programs and cost effectiveness, vendor management, and help us to build global wellness/engagement programs.
- 60-90 days Present Global benefits plan – what’s working, what can be improved, short and longer-term goals for the benefits and solutions for future