Executive Search Principal
COMPANY: Safire Partners
LEVEL: 10+ years professional experience
We are hiring at the Principal level, looking for talented individuals who can serve as the primary point of contact with clients throughout the lifecycle of the search.
We are looking for professionals with exceptional client management skills, in-depth knowledge of various business, customer, and operating models, and truly exceptional communication skills. Our clients are top-tier venture capitalists, founders, and executive at some of the most disruptive and innovative companies outside the Bay. Our candidates are experienced executives who are operating at the top of their industry. As a Principal, you need to be able to do more than just “keep up” with our clients and “screen” candidates—you need to be seen as a strategic partner, advising on everything from talent needs and organizational design to critical responsibilities and metrics behind different executive roles.
High level Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, owning the full lifecycle of the recruitments process from kick-off to offer negotiation
- Work alongside your team lead to identify a search strategy, including candidate profiles, industry and market research, and the overall company pitch
- Own the search process:
- Craft a pitch for the company and the role
- Develop the spec that aligns with that pitch
- Research the industry and needs surrounding the client, and craft a list of target companies from which to source candidates from
- Conduct calls and meetings with candidates, both related to your searches, and to build your network within the startup scene in LA
- Conduct regular update calls with clients and maintain consistent communication on strategy, status and potential risks or recommendations
- Manage both client and candidates through the search process-aiding in interview prep, logistics, and feedback
- Work alongside your team lead to negotiate offers and close candidates
- Serve as an advisor to your clients on talent strategy (who to hire, what to look for in candidates, how to ask the right questions)
- Proactively learning about the latest rounds of funding, exits and players in the startup scene and key players through networking events, candidate meetings, as well as increasing your depth of knowledge within specific industries/functions to lay a foundation for specialization
- Manage and train junior resources, delegating work and providing proper feedback to develop the next generation of principals
- This role does not have business development responsibilities
The following attributes describe you…
- Urgency – you cannot imagine leaving for tomorrow what can be done today.
- Play to win – you attack everything through the mindset of achieving it.
- Great attitude – you are positive, proactive, and able to have fun at work and help others do the same.
- High integrity – you keep your word, follow through, and do what you say you will do.
- Empathetic – you can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust you and share with you.
- Entrepreneurial – you think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
- Flexible – you are willing to adapt as situations evolve and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
- Curious – you have a deep willingness to learn, realize that no one knows everything, and you are comfortable with that and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- Self-starter, self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined, self-improving – you act like a leader, you don’t wait to be told what to do. This is crucial to the recruiting coordinator role; you must take initiative and be able to effectively prioritize tasks.
Your profile should reflect…
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree strongly valued
- 10+ years of professional experience, ideally in a recruitment, Venture Capital or sales environment, or in a management role at a startup. Previous agency experience at the executive search level highly valued
- A deep acumen in a single industry (e.g. Enterprise software, Healthcare, Retail) or function (e.g. Technology, Marketing, HR) or a general understanding across business models and organizational structures
- A deep passion for the world of startups, innovation and disruption. Ideally, through experience working with or at a Tier-One VC-funded startup
- Experience interfacing with high-level executives and/or investment professionals
- An understanding of funded business capitalization and startup compensation structures (RSUs, equity, vesting schedules, etc.) a strong plus
- Evidence of strong teaming skills, and a propensity to “go the extra mile” in supporting your team and colleagues