Employee Relations Partner
What You'll Do:
- Lead end-to-end internal investigations and case management, and deliver thoughtful recommendations to Talent and business leaders
- Advise the development and execution of core policies and procedures.
- Navigate complex employee relations issues with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Architect tools to ensure a consistent, fair, and inclusive approach to internal employee issues.
- Analyze problems and deliver solutions where precedent may not exist (and build roadmaps where they don’t yet exist)
- Track investigation, disciplinary, and termination/offboarding data for trends analysis
- Build strong relationships with internal counsel, Talent leaders, and business leaders
- Flex seamlessly between Lead and Individual Contributor on multiple product and project teams, adding ‘off-title’ value in a thoughtful, prioritized way
- Support development and execution of key employee trainings (including compliance, interviewing, anti-harassment, diversity & inclusion, etc.)
- Provide support in rolling out Talent policy and products
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience – graduate degrees (MBA, JD, MHRM) certainly don’t hurt
- 4+ years of Employee Relations, HR Business Partner, or Generalist experience directly supporting senior HR or business leaders, ideally at high-growth companies
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information in a thoughtful way
- Experience leading end-to-end employee relations investigations - bonus points for having developed process where none existedStrong knowledge of relevant Federal and CA employment laws/regulations
- Demonstrated process excellence - both as a user, and as a builder
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and influence with and without positional authority
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and communicate insights to stakeholders – as well as to get creative when data does not readily existSuperior communication skills, both oral and written
- Passion for our mission - we’re working on an exciting, challenging, never before solved problem, and we’re looking for people as excited about that as we are.
What success looks like in the first 3 months:
- You have tactfully driven employee relations investigations, and have started building process and policy to enable a more consistent experience
- You have established yourself as a trusted advisor and confidant across and throughout Bird
- You have successfully navigated our organizational structure and understand how our business and teams operate, including key players
- You have assessed and identified needs within the organization for development and risk mitigation
- You have taken ownership of a product/project team within the Talent space (ideally one you identified the need for yourself)
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.