Please note that this position can be located out of either of our three Southern California Offices (Irvine, Pasadena, or Perris).
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
The Director, Talent Acquisition will be responsible for developing and refining talent strategies for iHerb’s various business units – Corporate, Information Technology, Operations, International, etc. This person will also oversee all candidate engagement, assessments, metrics, and analytics. The Director, Talent Acquisition leads the talent strategy for the iHerb, elevating efforts to attract, acquire, develop, and retain top talent cross-functionally and across the globe. The Director will also lead the Talent Acquisition team dedicated to propelling iHerb’s employment brand while delivering both an exceptional candidate and hiring experience.
- Lead, manage, and develop the Talent Acquisition team, building out the function to achieve the company's recruiting priorities and drive a high level of performance
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with internal departments and stakeholders around the globe
- Track goals, metrics, and performance of all teams, regularly communicating activity and results to managers and Executive leaders as needed
- Proactive advisor and trainer to all hiring managers, ensuring that best practices for identifying, sourcing, interviewing, recruiting, and hiring of the best qualified candidates are achieved for all open positions
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with hiring managers and business leaders throughout the organization, understanding needs and providing consultation on talent acquisition strategies
- Responsible for the management of the recruitment life cycle process from sourcing strategy through final selection of candidates, working as a liaison between hiring managers, HR team, agencies, search firms, and candidates
- Research and network proactively to develop expertise on the ecommerce industry, its talent, and recruiting best practices
- Launch new programs to support our hiring goals, from interviewer training and on-campus recruiting to innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Design and implement a sourcing strategy to identify and attract the best candidates from around the world; actively sourcing passive talent through a variety of methods and driving campus recruiting efforts
- Act as the company's Applicant Tracking System super-user, using the sophisticated ATS, other recruiting software, and CRM data to track applicants through the selection phase to onboarding
- Partner with HR leadership, hiring managers, and recruiting professionals on the implementation of new strategies, tracking success by measuring viability, effectiveness, and business impact of that strategy
- Monitor and drive active projects to ensure they remain on track to achieve the desired measurable business outcomes. Build systems and tools to facilitate the project management effort in smart ways.
- Leverage social media recruitment efforts in collaboration with iHerb’s Marketing team to effectively and efficiently brand iHerb Careers over multi-platform efforts (i.e. Facebook and Instagram)
- Synchronize international recruitment efforts with iHerb’s general recruitment initiatives ensuring that all platforms run uniformly.
- Leverage compensation analytics to encourage competitive compensation within the organization and in comparison with local competition.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for multiple positions spanning business and technical roles
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, seek clarity, and confirm objectives in ambiguous situations
- Strong relationship management and influence skills, particularly targeted at senior leaders
- High level of comfort in direct sourcing and experience with complex compensation negotiations
- Superior multitasking and ability to juggle tasks with conflicting priorities
- Highly organized and self-aware
- Immaculate attention to detail and a keen eye towards visual presentation of work product; excellent presentation skills
- Results-oriented, demonstrating a high level of ownership and accountability in delivering outcomes
- Ability to engage, develop and manage team to deliver results, empowering team members to be strategic in their respective roles
- Ability to provide a clear framework for strategic priorities and articulate how each team member will contribute
- Ability to work collaboratively with the global talent team and other regions to share learnings and move talent globally
- Resilient, perseverant, passionate, flexible, and driven
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 10 years of relevant work experience in HR/Recruiting
- 8 years of full cycle recruiting experience is highly desired
- 5 years of experience leading a Talent Acquisition function and team
- Advanced working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (Workday preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related field or a combination of education and equivalent work experience