About This Role
We are seeking a highly experienced, confident, empathetic, forward-thinking candidate to lead the human resources operations function at Apeel. You will develop a deep understanding of our business and culture and provide innovative programs to support the organization. The People and Culture Team enables the success of the business through best in class people programs. You must be comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to make quick, well-informed decisions. You should also value passion, inclusion, and diversity of opinions and people.
The People & Culture Team is responsible for cultivating and reinforcing the heart and soul of the company. This entails crafting, communicating, and managing the evolution of the company’s core values and the make-up of our workforce to ultimately build a responsive, resilient, loyal, and fully-integrated team to which all our employees belong.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage Apeel’s global human resources operations
- Build the team, processes, and policies that support the rapid scale and globalization of the company
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with local, state, federal, and international human resources policies, programs, laws, and issues
- Partner with various member of People and Culture such as Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners on all things people operations
- Ensure company programs are meeting organizational objectives around talent management, succession planning, and performance reviews
- Works cross-functionally to develop and nurture a culture in tune with Apeel’s unique values
- Communicate changes in the company’s personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed
- Develop individual talent and coach others on your team to produce results
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
What You Bring
- 10+ years of diversified experience in various human resources roles, preferably in a highly technical, high-growth industry or environment (e.g., technology, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, semiconductor, electronics, aerospace, CPG, etc.)
- 4+ years of progressive experience leading and managing teams to success
- Deep knowledge of key human resources functions (e.g. compensation, compliance, operations, employee relations) and the ability to act as a strategic partner to the business
- Knowledge of--and sensitivity to--the diverse backgrounds represented in a global workforce
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, and moderating skills--you are able to support staff and manage conflicts in a manner that respects both the employee(s) and the company
- Ability to creatively, progressively, and ethically address human resources “grey areas”
- Bachelor's degree preferred (or equivalent experience) with a specialization in Human Resources, Personnel, Business Management, Communications, or a related field preferred
- Human resources certifications preferred (e.g. SHRM SCP, SPHR, etc.)
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.