Director of Learning and Development
Who You Are:
You have a deep understanding and curiosity about how people learn and are motivated by finding new and innovative ways to train and teach. You can assess which training techniques best suit the company and our employees. You are familiar with the methods and principles for designing programs to teach, train and instruct teams across a fast-paced and growing organization. You’re eager to work in a multi-cultural environment, and accustomed to working with people from a variety of backgrounds. You have an inquisitive mind and are constantly looking for new ways to access and teach new skills to the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead training initiatives for Fair’s operational and business needs.
- Direct and lead the planning, design, development, testing, training and implementation for Partner Development and Support (Dealers), Account Managers, and Concierge (call center)
- Provide training on company policies to ensure that Fair employees follow correct procedures in dealing with customers.
- Evaluate and enhance the current on-boarding structure for all new hires, including customization of on-boarding plans for all roles and levels on the team.
- Develop training sessions and materials for existing employees to ensure all aspects of job responsibilities and expectations are met to improve productivity and performance and address gaps appropriately. Examples of soft skills included in training development may involve: organization, process and time management and prioritization.
- Recommend and implement policy and procedural changes and manual design to improve the quality of the department, to include scheduled review of all existing documentation, guidelines and materials. Evaluate and report on effectiveness of the changes.
- Define and execute business goals for the team, including but not limited to the establishment of performance standards, organizational structure, metrics and ad hoc reporting.
- Designs, both in-house and with expert third parties, solution that include a blended approach to learning, such as coaching, classroom training, 1-1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Conducts training & development and needs assessment on an ongoing basis
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A major in Instructional Design, Organizational Development,
- Psychology or related field of study is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in a management and training capacity
- Sales training experience is a plus