Director of Human Resources (LA, NYC, or Remote US) at Albert
Things you're good at
- Managing the day-to-day operations of HR.
- Partnering closely with legal counsel to ensure activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure company’s compliance.
- Building credibility and trust to create an environment where employees feel safe and able to openly communicate their concerns.
- Communicating changes in company personnel policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating a clear knowledge and versatility in HRIS platforms, compliance, laws and best practices.
- Work closely with HR team and necessary departments to support business strategies and oversee day-to-day HR operations such as culture development, employee relations, benefits and compensation programs, and performance management.
- Manage maintenance of payroll and compensation and benefits programs, specifically health, dental and vision, and 401k plans.
- Implement and maintain HR initiatives that will drive employee retention and engagement.
- Communicate HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
- Coordinate and maintain employee documentation and sensitive files with discretion.
- Act as the primary contact for all HR and Employee Relations matters.
- Support management teams on organizational discussions, providing support and guidance on any organizational changes.
- Oversee employee offboarding process.
- Manage complex employee relations issues including organizational and structural changes.
- Assess the internal makeup of the company, as we scale rapidly, to ensure we continue to focus on diversity and inclusion practices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources management
- Experience at a start-up
- Demonstrated HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislations, and compliance management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in HRIS systems
- BA/BS degree
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k match
- Free lunch