Director, HR Business Partner
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking an HR Business Partner to join the People Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
As an HR Business Partner for our Engineering, and Product organization, you will be responsible for driving and supporting all our People/HR Org needs as we continuously level up our operating model, and scale the organization. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable in a deeply dynamic and evolving environment. You will be expected to build and maintain strong working relationships with our Engineering, Product & HR leaders to proactively design the various strategies and systems to make us better at how we hire, develop, and support employees and managers.
What You’ll Do:
As an HR Business Partner at Honey, you will:
- Be an advocate and resource for Honey Engineering and Product employees
- Coach and advise managers on all people-related and HR related matters
- Offer thoughtful leadership and provide HR expertise in areas such as performance management, employee relations, rewards and recognition, compensation and job leveling, organizational development and learning and development
- Collect and analyze employee data to identify trends, recognizing areas for improvement and providing proactive solutions
- Collaborate with client groups and the HR teams to create and execute initiatives and overall process improvements to drive results for Honey
- Work to ensure compliance with all relevant employer regulations in partnership with the HR & legal department
- Champion Honey’s company culture, using company values to guide decision-making
- Build effective relationships with all internal stakeholders, providing top notch customer service to employees, managers, and leadership
- Collaborate with management with workforce planning and recruitment
- Coordinates employee leaves of absence in accordance with local laws and regulations
- Participates in People related special projects (e.g. HRIS)
- A background of at least five (5) years as an HR Business Partner in a fast-growing technology company
- Proven experience working with engineering and product teams, and the ability to comprehend a high-level understanding of our technical solutions and product roadmap
- Strong influencing skills, ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
- A successful track record of designing and implementing people programs
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on day-to-day matters
- A determined self-starter attitude who can adapt to the needs of our ever-changing, fast-growing organization
- Willingness to travel to other locations, including Boulder, Santa Barbara, and potentially and very infrequently, Romania
Milestones for Success:
- After 3 months in this role, you will have built trusting dependable relationships with leadership to drive our Engineering and Product organization towards excellence across all Talent, People/HR, and Organizational needs
- After 3 months in this role, you will be the primary interface for our Talent, People/HR, Organizational Development, and Engineering leadership teams, facilitating and coordinating most the needs/efforts across hiring, employee relationships, performance, and graceful exits
- After 6 months in the is the role you are well positioned to develop strategies for the systems and programs we need to design and develop as we scale from 250 to 500, then to 1000 people. You are equally the “go-to” person for all People and HR related issues for our Engineering and Product organization
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.