Director, Global Inclusion and Diversity
Procore’s mission of Global Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) drives business value for our company by establishing global I&D strategies that influence talent acquisition, engagement, and retention programs. We’re enabling the future of our business and the success of our employees by building a diverse workforce of inclusion and belonging, where innovation and execution are priorities.
As the Director of Global Inclusion and Diversity, you’ll develop, implement, and monitor programs that promote visible and successful diversity and inclusion within Procore. By leveraging our rich value system of Optimism, Ownership, and Openness, you’ll lead programs and initiatives which create and foster a work environment based on mutual respect, consistency, and mutual accountability for results. To be successful in this role, you’re an experienced and dynamic individual who has a deep understanding of the complexity and multiple dimensions of diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace and in compliance with the local employment laws and regulations of the various countries where Procore has business operations and employees.
You’ll report to the Vice President of People and work closely with Procore managers, recruiters, and HR business partners, as well as provide expertise and coaching to the Procore Council for Diversity + Inclusion.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, promote, and implement training programs to enhance employees’ and managers’ understanding of Procore’s policies and procedures in compliance with local legislation/employment laws regarding diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure our culture is open and welcoming for everyone. Provide curricula and mentoring to staff on how to create inclusive and safe spaces, mitigate unconscious bias, and instill fair management practices and processes.
- Counsel employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate, and appreciate individual differences, and how these can be bridged back to assist in meeting the company’s business goals and strategy.
- Assist in the development and updating of policies and programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce at Procore globally.
- Develop metrics to monitor and measure the effectiveness of company’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. Prepare quarterly and ad hoc reports for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the Affirmative Action Program Plans and required government reporting for the US and Canada, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness, quality, and audit readiness of data by tracking progress against goals.
- Work closely with the VP of People and the Senior Director of People Services in diligently and timely resolving, investigating, and processing employee relations issues, complaints and problems with respect to diversity and inclusion.
- Keep current in trends, best practices, and reporting requirements that affect affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion programs, and regulations. Stay up to date on diversity programs and trends in SaaS and other technology companies.
What we’re looking for:
- 8 to 10 years of progressive and successful leadership experience in human resources, preferably in the high technology industry, with successful experience in the development, design, and delivery of diversity and affirmative action programs.
- Subject matter expertise in Global Diversity and Inclusion principles.
- Highly organized, analytical, persuasive, and collaborative professional.
- High degree of work ethic, professional transparency, interpersonal skills, and sound business acumen.
- Working and updated knowledge of US, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Europe & Middle East employment laws, policies and practices including equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, diversity, and inclusion.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and build trusting relationships.
- Persuasive and excels in conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management as a tactical and strategic partner, coach and advisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or Psychology. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is a plus.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.