Corporate Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a HQ-facing HRBP to join our People team and help support our rapidly growing business. This position will help provide a variety of HR services across the organization, with a particular focus on our corporate employees in our company headquarters. This role works cross-functionally across the business and will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with our executive team.
What you'll do:
- Strategize, define and implement scalable HR processes, programs and career development initiatives for our headquarters-based employees
- Identify, analyze and implement employee management and relations best practices, including effective communication and guidance training for new managers and employees
- Act as a thought partner to our executive leadership around people development, workforce planning and talent gap analysis
- Collect, analyze, and use data to improve the employee experience at Clutter
- Ensure HR programs and plans are aligned to the business priorities and monitor effectiveness through the tracking of key metrics
- Conduct and lead complex, high-risk and/or sensitive confidential investigations related to employee issues and claims, prepare investigative summaries, and make recommendations on next steps and appropriate actions
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment regulations
- Assist in the creation and management of learning and development programs, culture building initiatives and employer branding activities
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of work experience in HR, preferably at a high-growth business with a significant population of technical engineering talent
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement new processes to support rapid growth
- Demonstrable knowledge of current employment law and best practices in Employee Relations policies, principles, and procedures
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- A bias for action and the ability to drive outcomes via a matrixed team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, HR Administration, or related field preferred); Master's Degree in HR-related field preferred
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.