Benefits Specialist at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
As a member of the Benefits Department, you will provide administrative and project support to Benefits team and customer service and support to employees. Create benefits-related correspondences, statements and reports for HR Management and participates as an active team member in benefits-related projects. Manage several Human Resources databases and applications. Assist employees with questions related to benefit programs, tuition reimbursement and leaves of absence. Perform annual testing of the department's internal controls and maintains compliance narratives.
How you'll CREATE:
- Assist employees with issues related to Health and Welfare and Retirement plans. Responds to employee calls, researches employee issues with third-party administrators, vendors, and carriers and recommends appropriate action to employee/HR management.
- Assist Benefits staff in the preparation and reconciliation of complex reports, spreadsheets, presentations, statements, and correspondences. Assists in the preparation and maintenance of employee communications and materials related to and benefits.
- Manage UMG's tuition reimbursement program. Reviews and maintains reimbursement forms and processes requests for reimbursement.
- Maintain human resources databases and applications and troubleshoots issues.
- Act as the point person for all benefits updates to the HR intranet. Works closely with IT to ensure that information is accurate.
- Coordinate and reconciles department billing and processes invoices for payment. Tracks payment requests through UniPort system.
- Assist with administration of Retirement Benefits, including: reviewing inbound files and reports, funding and annual Plan audit.
- Act as a key team member of the annual enrollment process for our employee share offering program. This includes working with various locations to market the program, receiving, tracking and auditing enrollment documentation and answering employee questions.
- Review and update HR compliance narratives completes walkthroughs for internal controls in preparation for audits. Attends to internal and external audit requests.
- Manage and maintain benefits information and updates process manuals.
- Maintain and order benefits supplies and communication material.
- Assist with preparation and execution of Annual Benefits Enrollment and Benefit Fairs.
- Assist with projects and initiatives as required.
Bring your VIBE:
- A working knowledge of Benefits practices and principles
- Exceptional skills in Excel and proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Technical and detailed oriented a must.
- Working knowledge of Workday desired.
- Must possess team and service orientation attitude; critical thinking; systems skills, effective time management, and project management; interacts with diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Minimum of 2 years benefits experience.
- Degree in a related discipline from a four-year college, or equivalent related seminars, classroom training and experience, a plus.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.