Associate Director, Benefits and Payroll
Greater LA Area
The Associate Director, Benefits and Payroll will own all aspects of our benefits and payroll procedures; from hands on processing through analysis and reconciliation in a high volume, multi-location environment. Reporting to the Head of People, this position plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth and accurate delivery of our most essential employee services. As the company grows, you will be in charge of the evolution of our systems and benefits offerings year over year.
- Manage and process payroll for 400+ employees in a high growth environment
- Assist employees with all payroll related inquiries
- Monitor timekeeping for accuracy in order to ensure wages and benefits are properly distributed
- Create ad-hoc reports using various data platforms
- Process/monitor off-cycle payments as needed
- Create retirement and benefits reporting for processing and filings, including audits
- Assure compliance with policies and regulations
- Benefits management, research, and negotiations
- Confirm/reconcile enrollments to payroll deductions
- Process and reconcile benefits invoices
- Manage our 401(k) program
- Ensure timely and accurate enrollments, deposits and other transactions
- Support a successful annual audit
- Own HRIS, metrics, and be comfortable reporting that data to leaders across the company
- Monitor compensation plans for compliance
- Strong payroll processing experience and in-depth knowledge of benefits and payroll best practices, with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a similar type position
- Expert level knowledge of payroll/HR systems
- Solid benefits management experience, including reconciliation and deduction analysis
- Strong Excel skills, experience developing complex analyses with VLookup, pivot tables and/or macros as needed
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to organize, prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- CPP and/or SHRM certification preferred
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll and tax processing; international payroll is a plus
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description