About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Twilio, Facebook, and Snap, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As VP of FP&A, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You will work directly with our CFO and partner with leaders across the organization. You will be responsible for driving the financial planning and forecasting process, budget management and play an integral role in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes. You will also conduct and review both recurring and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis and work on financing related needs for the company. Work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company with real opportunity to influence business direction.
What You'll Do:
- Financial modeling including forecasting, budgeting (Annual Operating Plan/AOP) and long-range planning
- Rolling financial forecast and AOP process development and execution of the calendar
- Financial reporting and analysis including monthly reporting package for Company operating reviews
- Analyze monthly results and/or trending data to support the monthly estimate and include risk and opportunity assessments
- Determine appropriate process, methodology, variables and modeling techniques to develop and deliver forecasts. Develop reports and monitor metrics for forecasting
- Creation of internal & external executive reporting documents including board, close and other management presentations
- Refine data systems and tools to track performance, provide reporting solutions and enhance operational insights
- Develop key highlights/KPIs to drive business performance and track growth initiatives
- Be a key thought leader on the evolution of unit economics
- Assist in projects in support of strategy and business development initiatives
- Track market and competitive developments and communicate as appropriate to the executive team
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Assist in implementation and reporting design on ERP system
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
- Utilize best practices on large, complex and cross-functional projects to achieve objectives. He/she must have a strong track record of having built outstanding and effective relationships with cross functional teams.
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth including a minimum of 10 years in industry Finance/FP&A positions
- Proven success serving as a change agent in a high-growth environment
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Strong background and comfort with modeling
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence
- High proficiency in Excel, Google Docs, Keynote and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn SQL and data analysis tools is a positive
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communicator that can flow across a wide range of partners.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Dog-friendly open office
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry