VP, Finance at iHerb
The Vice President of Finance is responsible for leading company-wide financial analysis, planning, management, forecasting, and reporting. As a trusted advisor to senior management, the VP, Finance will provide leadership and guidance to teams across the organization.
- Oversight of Financial Reporting, Business Intelligence, and Fraud function - to include the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee actual vs. forecast analysis by cost center and identify root causes of variances
- Provide analysis on return on investments related to various operational expansion and efficiency processes
- Oversee business unit finance personnel domestically and internationally
- Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements, especially with SEC reporting
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants, as part of the forecasting process
- Assessing current financial operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Partner with Executive level team members as a financial problem solver and identify how to maximize planning and results
- Design, establish, and maintain organizational processes to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports to be presented to the Executive team
- Provide for a system of management cost reports and make recommendations for reducing waste and inefficiencies
- Provide business operations metrics and key performance indicators for each functional area
- Ensure that the Fraud team’s process for reviewing customer orders is efficient and yields low customer friction, while maintaining low fraud rates
- Assist the Fraud team in utilizing effective fraud tools to their full potential, as well as supplementing them with in-house e-commerce technology
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results oriented and accountable manager; willing to challenge the status quo
- Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal), technology, analytical and management skills
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency and accuracy in handling detailed information and ensure timely processing of the information
- High reasoning capability required, and must be able to assess any situation quickly and make sound decisions based on limited information
- Strong work ethic and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Generally requires a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant accounting and finance experience and five plus (5+) years in management
- Experience with FASB and GAAP pronouncements and updates required
- SEC reporting experience required
- Experience with documentation and test work for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance required
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or related field.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) and/or a professional accreditation such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.