Greater LA Area
Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
A VP of Finance who will be responsible for defining the financial strategy of the business, leading the company in its aggressive growth plan and implementing systems and practices that instill financial discipline across the organization. We are seeking a seasoned finance leader with an entrepreneurial drive, strong leadership skills, and a proven ability to work cross-functionally and garner buy in from internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do...
- Define and implement tools and processes to deliver rich insights on our unit economics and financial health.
- Spearhead fundraising efforts, design and pursue growth strategies for fundraising channels and improve investor relations and communications.
- Provide strategic guidance to executive leadership, our board and investors.
- Lead banking, insurance, and external accounting and regulatory authority relationships.
- Leverage your financial strengths to guide decision making, rationalize costs and instill healthy budgeting, forecasting and spending practices across the organization.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions.
- Enforce benchmarks for measuring financial and operational performance.
- Monitor and analyze company’s financial statistics with respect to profits, trends, and costsAdvise teams to chart paths towards higher margins of profitability while also ensuring appropriate compliance within budgets.
- Oversee and manage daily operations for finance and operations departments to understand revenue and cost drivers.
- Oversee short and long term financial goals, objectives, policies, and operational procedures
What you’ll bring…
- Experience: 10+ years experience in senior level finance, investment banking, private equity or accounting positions. Experience in public and/or high-growth startup preferred.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost control principles, automated financial and accounting reporting systems and of federal and state financial regulations. Strong analytical ability, attention to detail and executive presence.
- Natural talent and energy: You are a self-starter and have a bias for action. Growth-oriented with a strong drive to exceed all goals.
- Excellence: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modelling techniques. Demonstrated ability to effectively define and resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests.
- Communication and trust: Excellent communication and people skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth company. Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and are seen as a trusted advisor.
- Salary: $180,000-$220,000
- Stock option plan
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Perks and Benefits…
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Read Full Job Description