Vice President, Finance and Accounting at Medely
Vice President of Finance & Accounting
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Department: Finance and accounting
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to lead our Finance & Accounting function. You will be responsible for overseeing Strategic Finance Strategy and Corporate Development. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. These groups are responsible for owning the company’s budget and financial planning processes, performing financial analyses across the company, providing financial guidance for business partners to effectively invest, maximizing impact of spend in our largest cost centres and investing strategically to accelerate our business. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
- Maintain our financial model and forecasts to guide Medely’s long term financial strength by advising on growth, hiring, spending and strategic projects
- Oversee invoice volume forecasting, compensation planning and driving growth opportunities both in lending and new products
- Oversee the cash management function, including banking relationships.
- Drive annual and quarterly financial planning processes to align with current Technology and Commercial roadmaps
- Provide budget guidance to senior executives to ensure Medely is investing in the right areas
- Develop key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals
- Manage a lean, high performance team that works cross functionally throughout the company
- Grow our corporate development function accelerating company growth
- Develop programs and processes for tracking managing budgets with senior division leaders
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate finance.
- A skilled manager who enjoys mentoring and growing their team.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Analytical background with combination of experience working in investment banking, management consulting, private equity or an industry finance role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership and with investors
- Medely offers a range of generous benefits and perks, including great medical, dental, and vision insurance. Team members can also enroll in our 401(k) plan.
- Our beautiful office is located on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.
- We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer three weeks of vacation for team members and 10 paid holidays.
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. The Medely team believes that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.