Vice President, Corporate Controller at iHerb
Responsible for planning and coordinating the majority of accounting operational functions.
- Oversight of General Accounting, Tax, Corporate Procurement, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury (including insurance/risk management), and Financial Reporting functions, to include the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee business unit accounting and finance personnel domestically and internationally
- Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Present financial reporting and potential risk areas to senior management
- Produce critical financial reports, profit and loss statements, balances sheets and cash flow statements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure month-end close is performed timely
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and that discount terms are maximized
- Establish and maintain a systems of internal control for the Company’s domestic and international business units
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation and related provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics in conjunction with the Director of FP&A
- Coordinate and assist in the production of periodic forecasts
- Provide for a system of management cost reports and make recommendations for reducing waste and inefficiencies
- Provide financial analyses, as needed
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Conduct technical accounting research and prepare accounting memorandums supporting the company’s accounting positions
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects
- Training and retaining competent accounting staff
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results oriented and accountable manager; willing to challenge the status quo
- Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal), technology, analytical and management skills
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency and accuracy in handling detailed information and ensure timely processing of the information
- High reasoning capability required, and must be able to assess any situation quickly and make sound decisions based on limited information
- Strong work ethic and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with FASB and GAAP pronouncements and updates required
- SEC reporting experience required
- Experience with documentation and test work for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance required
- Very computer friendly -- spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software)
- Generally requires a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant accounting and finance experience and five plus (5+) years in management
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or related field. Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) and/or a professional accreditation such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.