Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We're looking for someone who will be an exceptional addition to our Corporate Finance and Accounting team. As a Treasury Manager at Bird, you will monitor the day-to-day cash management transactions, as well as optimize the company’s liquidity and mitigate its financial risk. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, proactive, a great communicator, and a team player. If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, then this is a great role for you.
- Manage treasury operations with responsibility for daily cash operations, bank account management and reconciliations, and maintaining the company’s banking infrastructure
- Support company operations by establishing relationships with bank service providers
- Recommend strategies for managing short-term investments and money market funds
- Oversee the cash flow process, including the forecasting of cash flow projections, preparation and review of cash flow actuals, and variance analysis
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Build and ensure compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures in supervision of cash management activities
- Respond to accounting and audit inquiries relating to cash and treasury operations
- Support any ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting, or a related discipline
- 6+ years of work experience, with 2+ years in Corporate Treasury
- International experience required
- Relentless drive and ability to execute
- Strong recruiting / hiring and team building skills
- Ability to anticipate the company’s needs and provide excellent customer service
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description