Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Bird is seeking a Treasury Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Corporate Finance and Accounting team. As a Treasury Manager at Bird, you will monitor the day-to-day cash management transactions, as well as optimize the company’s liquidity and mitigate its financial risk. The right person for this role is detail-oriented, proactive, a great communicator, and a team player. If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, then this is a great role for you.
What You'll Do
- Manage treasury operations with responsibility for daily cash operations, bank account management and reconciliations, and maintaining the company’s banking infrastructure
- Support company operations by establishing relationships with bank service providers
- Recommend strategies for managing short-term investments and money market funds
- Oversee the cash flow process, including the forecasting of cash flow projections, preparation and review of cash flow actuals, and variance analysis
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Build and ensure compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures in supervision of cash management activities
- Respond to accounting and audit inquiries relating to cash and treasury operations
- Support any ad-hoc projects as needed
What You'll Need
- At least 6 years of work experience, with 2+ years in Corporate Treasury
- Relentless drive and ability to execute
- Strong recruiting / hiring and team building skills
- Ability to anticipate the company’s needs and provide excellent customer service
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- International experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business, accounting, or related field
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description