Business and finance go hand-in-hand. That’s why we believe in recruiting well-rounded individuals who not only have the financial expertise and experience, but also have a business-minded vision. If you’ve got both plus strong analytical skills and can think strategically inside and outside of the box, we’re looking for individuals like you to join our growing Finance Team.
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Tax Senior to join our Finance team. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional with experience in state and local tax compliance as well as income tax accounting. Experience will also include assisting with researching tax issues in conjunction with the tax compliance and keeping up with changing legislation. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Tax and will have frequent interaction with the Finance department.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with support and preparation of schedules for outside tax advisors for the information necessary to complete preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Preparation of extensions and estimated tax payment calculations in coordination with others in the Tax Department
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly sales tax, excise tax and gross receipts tax returns for multiple states.
- Assist with research various issues to ensure compliance with changing regulations and rules.
- Assist with various ad hoc tax projects, tax audits, notices and other company initiatives
- Assist and compilation of state apportionment schedules
- Provide support and assistance with preparation of supporting schedules for ASC 740 tax provision schedules
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field (Must have taken specific courses related to taxation.)
- CPA preferred but not required
- 2- 5 years’ experience in corporate taxation, some experience in Public Accounting required
- Strong tax background in state and local tax compliance
- Excellent business writing and communication skills.
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Experience with Intelliconnect or comparable online research platform
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.