Tax Senior Indirect and State at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Tax Accountant to join our Finance tax team. We are seeking a highly motivated professional with experience in indirect tax including multi-state income and sales and use taxes. Experience will also include assessing and researching key issues arising in sales and use tax as well a s income tax . This position will report to the Director of Tax and will have frequent interaction with all departments.
- Report to the Sr. Director of Tax and Sr. Tax Manager supporting the tax department with the preparation and research of indirect and other state tax issues
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly sales tax, excise tax, and gross receipts tax returns for multiple states.
- Assist with filing of escheatment returns and research of escheatment issues
- Assist with various ad hoc tax projects, tax audits, and initiatives.
- Research various sales and use tax issues to ensure compliance with changing regulations and rules.
- Provide support and prepar e schedules to document tax positions
- Assist with responses to tax notices and audit requests as needed.
- Assist with sales tax accruals and other analyses on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively to solve complex problems within a team environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field ( Must have taken specific courses related to taxation.)
- 2 - 4 years experience in sales/use tax, gross receipts tax compliance, and audit experience , in Public Accounting or industry , CPA preferred but not required.
- E xcellent business writing and communication skills.
- Advanced excel skills
- Software knowledge of Vertex , JDE, and Oracle would be preferred but not required.
- Ability to support multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment .
- Willingness to embrace change and encourage team members to do the same
Read Full Job Description