Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
As the Strategic Finance Lead you will drive critical financial insights for our executive, business and product teams to help influence data-driven decisions that shape and scale a profitable company. You will own benchmarking and analysis of key financial metrics (including preparation of reporting, ad hoc analysis and tracking of KPIs) and work cross-functionally to develop quantitative insights to improve decision-making and identify opportunities across the whole organization.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with our executive team to develop financial and operational forecasts, cost/benefit comparisons, and assist with decision making and measuring financial impact related to strategic and operational initiatives and new product development
- Analyze key business/financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities; communicate actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Build sophisticated financial and operating models to answer complex questions
- Partner with product, engineering, data science and other operational teams to develop and evolve scalable processes to manage and improve business performance
- Prepare presentations and key reporting presentations and communications that summarize information concisely for both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Board of Directors, investors)
- Support fundraising and corporate transactions (capital raising, M&A, strategic partnerships) by leading due diligence processes and assessing business impact
- Help automate, improve, and scale reporting and business metrics reporting
What You'll Need
- 6+ years experience at a top-tier investment banking, consulting or VC/PE firm and/or relevant experience on a Strategic Finance team at a leading fin/technology company
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required; MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills, you must be an expert in Excel; able to build models from scratch that are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Strong organizational and process management skills, comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to help influence executive stakeholders in making informed data-driven decisions
- Ability to set clear goals and effectively prioritize workload, operate autonomously and deliver high-quality work output while under pressure and in teams
- Representative of Dave’s values: helpful and decent, resourceful, innovative entrepreneur, transparent, and persistent
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.