Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
As the Strategic Finance Lead you will drive critical financial insights for our executive, business and product teams to help influence data-driven decisions that shape and scale a profitable company. You will own benchmarking and analysis of key financial metrics, including preparation of reporting, ad hoc analysis and tracking of KPIs, to identify further areas of opportunity for Dave.
- Work directly with our executive team to develop financial and operational forecasts, cost/benefit comparisons, and assist with decision making and measuring financial impact related to expansion, capital structure, and new products
- Analyze key business/financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities; Communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Build sophisticated financial and operating models to solve complex questions
- Develop and evolve scalable processes to effectively manage financial performance, and to improve forecast accuracy
- Prepare presentations and key reporting presentations and communications that summarize information concisely for both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Board of Directors)
- Support fundraising (debt and equity) efforts by managing due diligence processes & communications and preparation of materials for prospective investors
- Help automate, improve, and scale reporting and business metrics reporting
- 4+ years experience at a top-tier investment banking, consulting or VC/PE firm and/or relevant experience on a Strategic Finance team at a leading fin/technology company
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required; MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills, you must be an expert in Excel; able to build models from scratch that are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Strong organizational and process management skills, comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to help influence executive stakeholders in making informed data-driven decisions
- Ability to set clear goals and effectively prioritize workload, operate autonomously and deliver high-quality work output while under pressure and in teams
- Representative of Dave’s values: helpful and decent, resourceful, innovative entrepreneur, transparent, and persistent
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Catered lunch 3x/week
• Voluntary life insurance plan
• Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
• Flexible work hours
• 401(k) savings plan
• Central location
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.