Stock Plan Administrator
Fair is looking for a pro-active, self-directed person who can manage the overall activities of equity compensation administration and accounting, including variance analysis and process improvement. This position requires strong communication skills and ability to collaborate, as this individual will coordinate with multiple departments, including finance, legal and HR professionals within the company.
- Lead RFP process and migration to new equity administration platform.
- Assist with day-to-day equity administration and accounting tasks and projects.
- Assist with preparation of investor requests, including information related to cap. tables, capital raising, closing of an investment round.
- Prepare stock-based compensation (SBC) accounting journal entries, reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Administration of the company’s equity plan, including input of equity grants, processing of exercises and releases.
- Ensure the proper taxation is applied to all equity transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of equity related disclosures included in annual financial statements.
- Assist HR and payroll with monthly and yearly equity withholding reconciliations to ensure proper W-2 reporting.
- Maintain share pool balances.
- Manage and respond to inquiries related to equity holdings and stock related transactions.
- Play a key role in process improvements and process documentation for all facets related to equity compensation accounting.
- Provide support for ad hoc analyses and other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, an emphasis in finance or accounting strongly preferred
- 2+ years of stock administration or relevant experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills
- Experienced in equity administration platforms – (Carta and other platforms [e.g.,Shareworks, Equity Edge, Schwab, Fidelity, etc…] preferred)
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly team player with an ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation preferred
- Familiarity with the reporting, reviewing and tracking of 10b5-1 trading plans
- Familiarity with preparation of proxy disclosures and equity disclosures included in SEC filings
- Familiarity with SOX-404 internal controls requirements related to the equity process