Position Title: Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper
Status: Full Time
Reports to: VP of Finance
Office Location: Glendale, CA
Health Data Vision, Inc. (HDVI) is a healthcare software company that is disrupting the medical record retrieval and review (MRR) industry. We provide Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and Commercial ACA health plans with an enterprise-grade, Software-as-a- Service (SaaS) platform for Risk Adjustment, Quality Improvement, and Audit initiatives. HDVI’s powerful Medical Record Collection System (MRCS) enables customers to address these requirements and optionally license the platform for their in-house team to use for chart retrieval, coding/abstracting, and analytics. Alternatively, they can outsource their projects to HDVI completely, or they can choose to collaborate with our teams and share responsibility. Additionally, HDVI’s proprietary Secure Virtual Print (SVP) supports the electronic transmission of health records, and can eliminate the time and cost of engaging with provider offices for chart collection.
Looking for someone organized that knows how to work efficiently and in a proactive way, attention to the details and accuracy should always be your goals. We are looking to empower you and allow you to grow within the finance department and expect you to be motivated to take the next step in your career. You will get:
- An opportunity to work for a growing tech company, one of the best in Glendale
- Competitive compensation and benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k)
- Opportunity to grow within the company, with a path to Sr. Accountant and/or Controller
- Work with a young and dynamic team, reporting directly to head of finance
- Daily banking and credit card reconciliations
- Data entry and accounting for cash
- Assist with monthly close journal entries, schedule reconciliations and reporting
- Maintain pre-paid, fixed assets, debt, accruals, and other balance sheet schedules
- Maintain monthly reporting metrics, actual vs budget, and analyze variances
- Responsible for all AP & vendor management
- Assist with AR and invoicing
- Ensure compliance with GAAP accounting
- Provide support and work with Sr. Accountant during month-end
- Play an important role during annual audit
- Healthcare experience
- SaaS experience
- Tax knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Strong communication skills and organized
- Must have experience with QuickBooks, Concur
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Must be able to provide at least 2 references
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, other protected status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. AII personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All employees are subject to background checks and drug screening.