Staff Accountant at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:28 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, March 18, 2021
Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at a leading and growing advertising technology company operating in a fast-paced industry. This is a critical thinking, problem-solving position responsible for day-to-day accounting functions. This role requires a firm knowledge of US GAAP and an ability to perform analyses that will include identifying and resolving discrepancies, calculating and reviewing journal entries, analyzing balances and data, validating GL activity, and reconciling and reviewing accounts. This position must be able to identify process inefficiencies and recommend process improvements. This role will support the Accounting Supervisor with certain aspects of the financial close process and collaborate daily with other GL team members.
- Accountable for certain aspects of the monthly financial close process and corresponding deadlines
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly closing journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts
- Communicating with Finance and Accounting staff and other management accounting status
- Assist with financial statement preparations and schedules
- Analyze the variances and determine trends between current and prior months. Develop and create reports to illustrate analysis (flux analysis)
- Based on variance analysis, reclassify and determine other adjustments as-needed, and/or in conjunction with close
- Responsible for miscellaneous post-close reporting deliverables to Finance.
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Assist and prepare documentation in support of external audits
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- CPA in process or achieved active or inactive status preferred
- 2+ years relevant accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Big 4/regional firm audit/assurance experience preferred
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Able to handle extremely sensitive information requiring the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: experience with ERP systems/Accounting software and advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to work independently and make judgment calls using knowledge of accounting principles
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.