Staff Accountant at Inspire
Inspire’s Accounting team works cross functionally to support the business and as a unit collaborates to such an extent that every team member likely works with one another.
As a Staff Accountant, you’ll be engaged in activities/processes that result in delivering accurate and timely financial reporting for decision making, managing its capital and credit facilities efficiently, supporting energy operations and enabling product experiences for our members. You’ll also be brought into projects that help support new product launches.
THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounts payable: Manage vendors, invoice entry, ensuring appropriate approvals/authorizations, processing electronic banking transactions, and supporting cash flow forecasting
- Credit Card Management: Manage Brex on-boarding, tracking receipts collections and reviewing credit card transactions and entries.
- Bank Reconciliation: Post cash payments receipts and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly Financial Close: Expense classifications for credit cards and expense reports, month end expense accruals, prepaids, cap lease roll forwards
- Support Accounting Projects: Support various Accounting projects across new product launches and optimization of internal forecasting.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- 5 day close: To support timely CEO financial mid month review and future monthly ops reviews, the team has a goal to close in 5 days consistently every month.
- New Products: Participate in Accounting’s support of new product launches.
- Optimize the Weekly AP process and ensure no missed payments.
- Successful 5 day close on a consistent basis.
- Accounting team provides continuous support to new product launches.
- Willingness to learn
- Solution oriented
- Attention to detail
- Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of accounts payable processes
- Extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience meeting tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- Nice to Have
- 1-2 yrs of accounting work experience ideal
- Public accounting
- Early stage company/start up
- Netsuite Experience a plus