Staff Accountant at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is seeking a Staff Accountant to assist in the month end domestic closing process and help build a best-in-class function. Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working with a team of accounting professionals, the Staff Accountant will help ensure the accurate and timely execution of the domestic closing processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Prepare monthly journal entries across numerous sections of the Chart of Accounts
- Participate in the month-end close process
- Prepare reconciliations and analysis of various balance sheet and P & L accounts
- Assist the Accounting team in researching, documenting and implementing the impact of current accounting conventions
- Assist in external audit processes and SOX compliance
- Contribute to the timeliness and accuracy of monthly close
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A dedication to teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 0-2+ years of experience in a public or corporate accounting position
- Acute attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities and have a willingness to learn
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet applications
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.