Responsible for overseeing the accounting and cash management operations for GOAT Group, the Accounting team is essential to each department and their respective business goals. The team collaborates with stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure the financial health of the company through accurate and timely reporting, advising on business decisions, and ensuring payments to all parties arrive on time. In this critical role, you will join a group of strategic, detailed-oriented thinkers that thrive in a fast-paced environment while working cross-functionally to ensure the success of the company.
GOAT Group is a fast-paced company seeking an experienced, highly detailed Staff Accountant with excellent communication and proven critical thinking skills to work closely with the Accounting Manager on all strategic and day-to-day accounting processes for GOAT.
In this role you will
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Assist with implementing corporate accounting policies and procedures with particular focus on revenue recognition and cash management
- Assist with financial reporting as required for Board meetings and other investor-related requests
- Participate in the implementation of new ERP system and processes improvement initiatives
- Serve as a strategic and trusted finance partner to various functions of the business by automating processes and providing visibility into KPIs
- Play an integral role in the continued development, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Company’s financial accounting systems
- Work on multiple complex projects owning the process from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Support audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Assist with the accounts payable processing of receiving invoices, properly classifying expenses, remitting payments to vendors, maintaining and organizing AP files
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 1-2+ years accounting experience; a mix of public and private accounting is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP including experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Exposure to Netsuite or other large ERPs
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “outside the box”
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must show accountability, be a team player and operate with a sense of urgency
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and solid sense of ownership
- We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
What we offer:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary and generous equity grants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description