Procore is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. In this role, you’ll perform daily tasks, account analysis, and month end closing activities to support the Accounting team. You’ll oversee and analyze our cash accounts, reconciling from bank statements to general ledger, presenting your findings to our Accounting and Finance teams for use.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager. This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Support daily and monthly cash functions to ensure they are accurate and processed, including booking of journal entries and monitoring cash receipts for accuracy and completeness against bank activity
- Record and classify transactions accurately with knowledge of the chart of accounts
- Present analysis to management and provide answers regarding account fluctuations and unusual transactions
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Provide accounting support for corporate transactions; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements
- Prepare internal and external financial reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Support and provide supporting documentation to external auditors.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business with an emphasis in accounting is required
- 2+ years of experience in accounting is required
- Must be detail oriented and highly skilled with volumes of financial and numeric data
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with internal and external clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.